Computer and Internet Use Policy
I. Public internet access is available to:
(a) Registered library members (including non-resident members). Please note: Junior members must have parental permission (i.e. a signed form letter), and all members must be in good standing (i.e. no overdue books or fines owing);
(b) Visitors for quick e-mail recovery; and
(c) Individuals from non-participating municipalities, for a $2.00 charge per 1-hour booking.
II. Acceptable Use
Research, quick reference, word processing, e-mail with personal accounts.
III. Unacceptable Use
1. Computer games.
2. Sending, receiving or displaying offensive or illegal materials in graphic or chat format.
3. Redistributing a copyrighted programs or material without the express written permission of the owner.
4. Installing software or downloading shareware and freeware onto the computer’s hard drive.
Use is booked in one hour or ½ hour time slots (can be extended if time slots available).
Library members can book by phone or walk in, as available.
Visitors or people from non-participating municipalities walk in as available.
V. Printing Charges
- 25 cents per page – black and white
- 50 cents per half page – colour
- $1.00 per full page – colour