Patron Privacy Protection Policy
I. Collection of Information
1. The library will collect personal information, about a user, that is necessary for the proper administration of the library and the provision of library services.
2. Personal information for junior members will have been supplied by a parent or legal guardian.
3. The information, supplied by a patron when applying for membership or when updated, is stored in the library’s database as part of the user’s record.
4. Circulation records i.e. materials on loan and or outstanding charges and fees are considered to be personal information.
II. Disclosure of Information
1. The library will not disclose any personal information to a third party without obtaining consent to do so from (a) the adult member or (b) the parent or legal guardian of a member under age 16.
2. The library will disclose circulation records to a parent or legal guardian of a member under age 16.
3. A patron’s circulation history will be retained in the library’s database if requested (by activating the system’s Loan History option). This request will be noted in the user’s record.